Moving from working life to retirement is a big transition. As life spans have increased, more and more people are entering retirement hale, healthy, and eager to enjoy the world. That's why we prefer to call this stage your “3rd Act”. You are not going away—you’re just getting started!
This is especially true for women, who continue to have longer lives on average than men of their generation. Under circumstances such as these, a small nest egg isn’t enough. You need a variety of income sources that can last for 25 years, or 30 years, or even longer. You also need a plan to coordinate different sources of income, so you can draw on the right ones at the right times.
As employers have phased out pension programs, the responsibility for retirement planning rests squarely on the shoulders of individual women and men. Your plan for retirement will be unique to you, whether you are single, part of a couple, or the head of a large household. We can also help you through transitions that can occur with the passing of parents or partners.
Whether you are just getting started planning or getting closer to retirement, the all-woman team at Urban Wealth Management can help create a financial plan for your retirement that will meet your unique needs. Our 3rd Act/Retirement Planning Ongoing Get-In-Gear program will provide you with best practice tips for meeting the needs of this life stage.
Features of this ongoing GIG program include:
- Top tips on applying for Social Security, pension plans, and Medicare
- Reviews of 401(k), IRA, and Roth IRA portfolios and offerings
- Pre-retirement and post-retirement tax planning strategies
- Pre-retirement and post-retirement planning investment asset allocation recommendations
- Tips on Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules
- Medicare health care and income guidelines (IRMAA)
- Help navigating benefit rules for singles, married couples, divorcees, and surviving current or former spouses
- Tips on special rules for retiring before age 60
- Reviews of current, future, and recommended personal benefits
- “Bucket Bliss” strategies for retirement investment and income planning
Because your future starts with a solid financial plan, some of our retirement planning services can overlap with our financial planning platform(s). We’ll help you figure out which services and strategies are right for you.
Urban Wealth Management provides retirement planning services to people at all ages and stages of their lives and careers. As professional women ourselves, we are especially attuned to the unique needs of women, and our retirement plans are designed with these needs in mind. Our office is located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, a short 15-minute drive south of Los Angeles International Airport. Ready to talk about your retirement plan? Contact us today to schedule a complimentary 30-minute chat!