College planning can be an anxious and overwhelming process for parents. And the consequences of poor planning can leave them and/or their children saddled with debt. Some colleges today cost well over $50,000 per year!
Parents are asking:
- Will my child qualify for financial aid?
- Will my investments hurt my child's chances for aid?
- What do the FAFSA and PROFILE take into account? What do they ignore?
- What's the best way for grandparents to help out?
On Wednesday, October 2nd, at 6 p.m. PDT, Derenda King will lead an educational workshop on college financial aid planning. The workshop will cover important topics such as
- The different sources of financial aid, and the important ones to prioritize
- How personal financial assets are taken into account when aid is awarded
- What the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number is, why it's important, and how to find yours
Everyone who attends the workshop will receive a copy of The Savvy Parents' Guide to Cutting College Costs. It's a great reference.
A complimentary dinner will be served. However, seating is limited, and reservations are required. R.S.V.P. today!
At Urban Wealth Management, our mission is to create a supportive and secure environment where women are encouraged to be engaged in their financial affairs and take ownership in creating the life they desire and deserve. Our vision is that every woman should live a life of her design, using her wealth to fulfill her dreams, enjoy her passions, and expand her interests. If you’re ready to begin the journey, connect with us for a complimentary half-hour chat.