What Do Families Need to Know about Financial Aid and the Coronavirus Pandemic?
This is a tumultuous time for everyone, including parents of teens worried about college. Like all of us, today's college-bound students have been thrown into a "new normal." So much is unknown about what will happen in the next few months, much less the next one or two years. This uncertainty has created a tremendous amount of anxiety for both parents and teens, which makes the need for college planning more important than ever.
What are some strategies that you can use now to help alleviate some of the anxiety?
(1) You can learn how to navigate the financial aid system.
(2) You can put a plan in place to pay for the rising costs of college.
In this webinar, UWM's Derenda King, CFP® will discuss these strategies and also cover the following questions:
- How has the coronavirus pandemic impacted higher education?
- What are the basics of filling out the FAFSA and other financial aid forms?
- What is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)? Why is it important, and how can you learn your number?
- How are family income and assets assessed in the financial aid process?
Having good information is the best way to combat anxiety. Join Derenda for this free, informative webinar on Wednesday, August 5th at 4 p.m. PDT!
At Urban Wealth Management, our mission is to create a supportive and secure environment where women are encouraged to be engaged in their financial affairs and take ownership in creating the life they desire and deserve. Our vision is that every woman should live a life of her design, using her wealth to fulfill her dreams, enjoy her passions, and expand her interests. If you’re ready to begin the journey, connect with us for a complimentary half-hour chat.