Looking Back on 2016
It has been a pleasure bringing you our series Your Life. Your Legacy: Interviews with Philanthropic Leaders. Our goal is always to provide insight to our clients — whether individuals, families, or nonprofits — from major thought leaders in the philanthropic community. From our first interview with Yolanda Gorman to our most recent with Nike Irvin, we’ve been able to share personal journeys, experiences, and points of view direct from change-makers in our local nonprofit community.
As 2016 closes, we’d like to say thank you to each one of our interviewees. Most of all, we hope these trailblazers have provided all of you with ideas that can enhance your personal giving and philanthropic involvement, and prepared you to be thoughtful and strategic leaders in your community in 2017.
Here are the leaders that we interviewed:
- Yolanda Gorman: "A Culture of Giving"
- Alicia Lara: "People Are Action"
- Eleanor Beasley: "Touch and Feel"
- Beth Bergman: "Think Private. Act Public."
- Virgil Roberts: "A Do-Gooder"
- Wendy Gladney Dean: "Connect. Brand. Strategize."
- Leslie Ito: "Keep It Fresh"
- Marta Gazzera Ferro: "Norm: Be of Service"
- Matt Kamin: "Invest In Ourselves"
- Nike Irvin: "Born in South L.A."