Life is an adventure. Stay ready!
New day. New order. New world.
Should you "Stay the Course"? Make changes? Sit tight and not be concerned?
Ask yourself these THREE questions:
- Do you want to achieve your goals?
- Do you want to have enough money to do what you want to do?
- Do you want to make the best decisions possible?
If you said "yes" to any of these three questions, you realize that being proactive can be a significant and vital strategy. It minimizes your fear, anxiety, and thoughts of being overwhelmed.
There is a tremendous sense of uncertainty in the air. How can you control that feeling of apprehension and fretfulness? Focus!
What should you focus on?
- What matters most
- What you can control most
From there you can move forward. Considering all this uncertainty and ambiguity in the air, I suspect that your wealth and money meet the criteria referenced above: It’s important to you, and you can control what you do.
Here is a sampling of conversations I’ve had with some of my clients to help them focus:
What should you be doing right now?
Answering key questions.
- Is your job stable?
- Do you have sufficient emergency savings?
- Who are your partners? (Financial advisor. Accountant. Attorney. Healthcare Professional.)
Are your current investments right for you right now?
Conduct an assessment.
- When do you need to spend your investments? (Now. Soon. Later.)
- Are your investments adequately diversified?
- How comfortable are you with uncertainty and volatility in the stock market?
What does your retirement look like right now?
Know where you are.
- You’ve got a long way to go?
- Your retirement is around the corner?
- You’re retired now. Is your cash flow and income sufficient?
Where are your risks?
Think about what COULD happen.
- If you, family or close friend get sick do you know EXACTLY what to do?
- You have insurance or cash to maintain your lifestyle in sickness and in health?
- Your administrative team of advisors: Financial Advisor. Legal. Accountant. Healthcare. Do they all have clarity about your expectations?
Remember: You have choices. You can choose to be PROACTIVE.
Or stay in your current zone and give up control of your life for today and tomorrow. It’s your choice.